Friday, August 7, 2009

The End

Today is the last day of camp, and probably the last time I will have decent Internet before I get home... the day after tomorrow.

I've been thinking of a way to wrap up this blog, and haven't really thought of anything, mostly because it hasn't hit me that this European time is truly ending. It was supposed to end in May... and now it's August... but it still feels like it will continue.

When I arrived in Prague, I had no plans to start a travel blog. But I decided to for two main reasons. The first was that within a few days, several people had asked me the same questions about the beginning. I wanted to tell everyone about my experiences, but I knew that I would get sick of repeating the same stories every few days. So I figured that if there was just something that people could read, if they were curious about what I was up to, that would be much easier.

The second was that I am incapable of keeping a steady diary. I started in January by writing lists of exciting things that happened each day so that I wouldn't forget them, but I got tired of doing that after two or three days. But, I thought, if I knew other people were reading my entries, maybe I would be more motivated to write regularly. And 50+ posts later, I think I was right.

I'm still not fully aware of who reads this, but I enjoy it when every so often I hear from someone I did not know was a reader. Thank you so much for reading, it's been a lot of fun to share all of these exciting times from the last 6+ months, and it's enabled me to keep a sort of diary for myself as well.

I think there will be one more post... a massive amount of pictures from the last few weeks. That'll come from Palo Alto.

THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Daniel for blogging. It's been fun to read. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete