Sunday, May 3, 2009

Olomouc, A City of Beautiful Churches

One last trip in the Czech Republic. Two of our beloved Czech buddies took a group of us to Olomouc, a city a few hours from Prague where they go to school.

It was a really laid back and nice, short trip. Mostly we walked around and Martina and Ivana showed us the major sites and their favorite places.

When we arrived, we immediately went to the main square, where there was a May Day Festival. It was fun, although I enjoyed going up to the top of a tower and looking out across the whole area more. Here's one picture I took of the huge plague monument in the square.

We walked around, stopping at beautiful church after beautiful church. Here is my favorite of those we passed on Friday.

On Saturday we went to Holy Hill, which is a little ways outside the city and has an incredible view. The church there was unbelievable, and it was one of those places that should be filled with tourists, but hardly anyone was there (except for a wedding).

The whole two days, we kept passing these bright yellow fields. Every time I saw one it stunned me... I just can't believe something natural can be so bright.

Now I'm back in Prague until it's time to leave for good. I want to do all of these things that I wrote about before... but it's not easy when I have 3 final papers and 5 final exams. The next 9 days should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment