Monday, May 4, 2009

10 Things I'll Miss About Prague

1. The Czech Ladies

Having Ivana, Martina, and Jitka around might be the best part of my program.

2. Kozel (and the other beer)

It tastes way too good to be beer. Imagine a sweet, carmelized beer.

3. Korunas

I am going to suffer mightily under the Euro.

4. Architecture

I'm sure it's nice in Western Europe as well, but I will miss the Prague style.

5. Czech words

See: The list I posted a while ago.

6. Relatively stable weather

It has been a little crazy lately, but it is NOTHING like St. Louis, where it can go from 70 and sunny to snowing in 2 hours (and all of Wash U kids know, this did happen).

7. Oldness

I'll miss walking by random towers and churches that have been standing for hundreds and hundreds of years.

8. Color

When Maryse was here, she compared all the buildings to different colors of food. I think that's a good way to think about it.

9. Goulash

I'll have to find a Czech/Hungarian restaurant in the US.

10. Food stands

When I'm coming home late at night, there's nothing better than stopping at one of the 24 hour food stands in Wenceslas Square and picking up a smazeny syr (fried cheese sandwich) or chicken sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment