Monday, May 4, 2009

Beyonce Recap

Beyonce was B-Rilliant. Really, I could just sit and listen to her sing anything for any amount of time and be happy because her voice is so amazing.

Unfortunately, the Czech audience Sucked. When Beyonce sings, you dance. And if you don't dance, you at least stand. She opened with "Crazy in Love," and NO ONE was standing (except for those on the floor). It was actually painful to see/hear the song and be sitting. After a few songs she said, "You may not have been to one of our concerts before, but when I dance, YOU dance." So then people stood for about 5 minutes before sitting again for most of the rest of the show. Two girls in front of me were dancing to one song, and the lady next to me leaned over and actually pulled one of them down.

But a Czech audience member did provide the funniest moment of the night. Before "Say My Name," Beyonce leaned into the crowd and asked a guy, "What's my name?" His reply: "Lukas!" So Beyonce, this probably isn't the best thing to ask when most of the people in the audience don't speak English.

I was really happy she sang that song, along with "Jumpin'." I assume she'd stick to her solo stuff, so I was surprised when she reached back and pulled out some Destiny's Child.

Some other notable moments were...

Interrupting "If I Were a Boy" with about a minute of Alanis Morisette's "You Oughta Know." It was wonderful.

"At Last" with a video showing civil rights movement footage and then jumping to Obama footage. I don't think 90% of the crowd knew what was going on, but it was really cool.

Single Ladies Video Montage. Before she sang/danced it, they showed clips from about a hundred YouTube videos of people doing the dance, as well as Justin Timberlake's SNL imitation, Barack doing the handflip, and the flash mass of single ladies that did the dance in perfect unison in England about a week ago.

Beyonce hanging from wires and flying from the roof above the stage to a stage set up in the middle of the floor.

I stole the picture from my friend, Liza. Notice the three jumbo Beyonce's and the mini, real Beyonce at the bottom left.

2 comments:

  1. I CAN'T believe you saw Beyoncé. I also can't believe people didn't dance. Why were they even there? And I can't believe she did Destiny's Child stuff! I am insanely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was walkign across campus and thought of the story about Beyonce asking an audience member what her name is, and him responding "Lukas!" and I cracked up, like a crazy person. That is a golden moment though.

    Also, why did that woman pull the dancing girls down? What a bitch move.

    ReplyDelete