Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Passover in Prague

It's not easy. Usually in the US, I stock up on tons of kosher-for-passover food including candy, snacks, and drinks. But here it's much harder. I was able to order matzah from the Prague Jewish Town Hall, but that's about it. The hardest thing has been not having any sweets aside from two pieces of chocolate-covered matzah Harris brought from Israel.

On the upside, I've learned how to make quinoa, which is a tasty and healthy pseudo-grain that my mom makes, and is kosher-for-passover. I'll probably continue to make it after the holiday ends, which I think will make my mom very happy.

I think the worst thing to miss during Passover in Prague is the beer. I'm used to drinking it with most meals, it's just what people do here. So I feel like an idiot going to a pub and not getting beer.

But thankfully it ends on Thursday night and so I'll be free in Budapest for the weekend. 2 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment