Thursday, August 4, 2011

Take 3

I was just reading my post from a year ago today and completely forgot about this section:

"They asked me if I was coming back next year and I told them not for camp, but the next time I was in Italy I would certainly visit Casteldaccia because I would have so many people to see. This made the one girl who hadn’t yet cried begin. I was on the verge of tears, so I had to stop talking for a little while."

Well, a week from tomorrow I'll be in Casteldaccia, seeing these campers and having dinner with my host family there.  I leave on Sunday for 10 days of traveling with my mom and three weeks of camp.  I'm really excited and it's going to be different in a lot of ways from previous years...later date...traveling with my mom...only 3 weeks of camps...unemployment in the US... so I'm not sure what to expect.  It will also be overwhelming and somewhat bewildering to end Avodah and head to Italy on the same day.  But I'll distract myself by mastering the Italian language on the flights over.

I'll try to update the blog as frequently as I did last year, and with as many pictures.  As always, it will depend on internet access. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment