Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Have A Camp!

My Mom and I had a delayed but great day in Cinque Terre today, hitting the top two towns.  I'll share details and pictures later, but I just got the info on my first camp!

I'll be in Montecchio Maggiore for the next two weeks, a small town near Vicenza, which is a city near Verona and in between Milan and Venice.  I got that placement because it's 5 miles from where I'll be staying the next two nights, in a B&B coordinated by my former camp director in the area.  It will be a small camp, only 20-30 kids (which I like), and two small classes of elementary, one big class of middle.  So 3 tutors. 

ACLE, the organization I'm working through, seems to have a lot of tutors still around for this late part of the summer, so I was worried I wouldn't have a placement.  I am very relieved that it's a two-week camp.  I will probably be staying with a family, although my camp details page doesn't say. 

Tomorrow we'll try to see the other three towns here before my Mom heads to Rome to fly home Friday and I head up to the Vicenza area. 

I hope all is well in the States!

No comments:

Post a Comment