Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shoe Shoppin'

Yesterday I went shoe shopping with a nun, and today I went with the mother of two campers. When I arrived on Saturday, I told the camp director that I wanted some sandals, since the ones I bought in Prague cut into my feet. We looked for about half an hour but found nothing. So, she made it her mission to find me some good sandals.

Today, at the end of camp, I was waiting around as parents took their kids home, when one approached me and asked, "Are you looking for shoes?" I thought that she thought a camper had lost a shoe and she found it, so I said that I wasn't looking, but she seemed confused. Then she said, "Open-toed shoes?" and I realized that Angela had told her about my search. So I went with her and her two campers/daughters to a discount store. We walked in, she knew the owner, and when she pointed at me, he said "Ah!" in recognition, so I guess everyone in this town knows that I am looking for sandals. The only problem... this store doesn't sell men's sandals. Oh well.

Luckily I actually found some good ones at the next store we went to. I took off my shoes/socks to try them on, and when I went to the mirror to check them out, I realized that the two girls had put my shoes and socks in a shopping cart and were trailing me. SO cute.

Today was another fun day at camp. We focused on months/days of the week/present continuous (-ing) and then played a really fun all-camp game in the afternoon and my team lost by one point, but was really proud to get second place. And now we're off to some pizzeria on a mountain that one of the camper's families owns for dinner! Life is crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment